AFO Virtual Information Center
- AgricultureLaw.com - Information on agriculture law, including legislation and statutes, news articles, hot topics, updates on actions of house and senate agriculture committees, online agricultural trade data, and market quotes.
- Current Research Information System (CRIS) - CRIS is the USDA documentation and reporting system for ongoing and recently completed research projects. CRIS contains over 30,000 descriptions of current, publicly-supported research projects.
- Florida Agricultural Statistics Service
- Florida: University of Florida, Department of Animal Sciences - Contains information regarding academics, regional and international programs, research, publications, recent news and other useful links.
- Georgia: Fort Valley State University, College of Agriculture, Home Economics and Allied Programs - Provides links to information on its graduate program in Animal Science and various undergraduate programs, agricultural research, and the Cooperative Extension.
- Georgia: University of Georgia, Animal Waste Awareness in Research & Extension (AWARE) - The Animal Waste Awareness in Research & Extension (AWARE) web page can be used to access information on research, policy and regulations, newsletters and more. AWARE provides CNMP information and tools, as well as links to training and certification information.
- Idaho: University of Idaho, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences - Provides information about academics, agricultural research, general agricultural resources, and news releases.
- Indiana: Purdue University, School of Agriculture - Contains information regarding academics, producer information, research, regional and international programs, publications, recent news and other useful links.
- Iowa State University, College of Agriculture - Provides information links for academics, agriculture programs, agriculture reports and publications for agriculture professionals, research, and recent news items.
- Kentucky: University of Kentucky, Agripedia - Agripedia was developed by the University of Kentucky's College of Agriculture with a USDA Higher Education Program Grant. Agripedia is an encyclopedia of agriculture, which presents facts, figures, demonstrations, examples, graphics, and more regarding the concepts, practices, and vocabulary of agriculture in a multimedia format using audio clips, graphics, text and animation.
- Maine: University of Maine Agricultural Links - The University of Maine Cooperative Extension provides a page of links to information on farm management and research.
- Maryland: University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Agricultural Experiment Station - Offers information on research, publications, and facilities.
- Maryland: University of Maryland, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources - Provides links to academic programs, research, and a variety of information sources on topics including Farm and Business and Natural Resources.
- Massachusetts: University of Massachusetts Cooperative Extension Crops, Dairy, and Livestock Program. - Has links to research and publications relevant to AFOs, as well as information on nutrient management.
- Minnesota: University of Minnesota, College of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Sciences - Offers information on education, healthy foods, environment (with a focus on agricultural environmental issues), and agricultural systems. The site also has pages dedicated to rural and urban agricultural issues and information on six research and outreach centers.
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Agricultural Statistics Division
- Ohio State University, Agricultural Research and Development Center - Contains news and publications on agriculture research and information on research projects by topic, research support, and research grants.
- Poultry Science Virtual Library - This library is maintained by the Poultry Science Department at Texas A & M University. It contains links to web sites with information related to poultry production.
- US EPA STAR Program, Funding Opportunities - Contains Environmental Research Grant Announcements.
- USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) - Currently, there are more than 1200 research projects carried out by ARS.
- USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS), National Agricultural Library (NAL) Water Quality Information Center - Searchable online database that holds nearly 990 documents related to water resources and agriculture.
- USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS), National Programs - ARS is organized into 22 national programs. Several programs are directly related to the management of AFOs.
- USDA National Agriculture Statistics Service (NASS) - Provides both historical and current agriculture data on a national, state, and local basis.
- Virtual Library of Agriculture - This site maintains a collection of links to on-line agricultural libraries. Three libraries have information related AFOs.
- Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF) - WERF research is awarded through a competitive process and coordinated under contract through a staff-assigned project manager. WERF accepts research proposals from all qualified entities, including international organizations and disadvantaged business enterprises.
Find Another Virtual Center Link
- EPA Programs - Provides links to specific EPA programs and initiatives related to Animal Feeding Operations.
- Other Federal Programs - Links to programs at USDA, Department of Energy, and other federal agencies.
- State Regulations - Links to state AFO/CAFO regulations and requirements.
- State Web Sites, Permits, and Other Publications - Links to state AFO/CAFO web sites, state agricultural web sites, example general and individual CAFO permits, fact sheets, inspection forms, guidance, and compliance assistance publications
- Nutrient Management - Information and tools to help develop nutrient management plans, including state technical standards.
- Livestock and Trade Associations - Links to trade associations involved with the livestock industry.
- Best Management Practices and Controls - Links to web site and documents highlighting best management practices related to controlling discharges from AFOs/CAFOs.
- Cooperative Extension and Land Grant Universities - Links to land grant universities, extensions, and other universities conducting agricultural research and providing assistance to the agricultural community.
- Research - Links to research projects and papers developed by universities and other institutions.
- Funding - Funding options for AFOs/CAFOs, including federal funding programs.
- Environmental Issues - Links to information about water quality, air quality, public health, and energy issues associated with AFOs/CAFOs.
View all AFO Virtual Center Links
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. Files are best viewed in Internet Explorer and Adobe 8.0 or higher. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.