Fact Sheets and Outreach Materials
* Files are best viewed in Internet Explorer and Adobe 8.0 or higher.
- CDX Registration Overview for Vessel eNOIs
- Draft Ballast Water Report Factsheet: Aquatic Nuisance Species in Ballast Water Discharges (PDF)
On January 13, 1999, EPA received a petition which requested that ships' ballast water be regulated under the NPDES program. This fact sheet describes the draft Ballast Water Report, how to comment on the draft report, and EPA's response to the petition.
- Notification of Consultation and Coordination Regarding the proposed Vessel General Permit (VGP) and Small Vessel General Permit (sVGP) (PDF)
(10 pp, 2.3MB)
The U.S. EPA is initiating consultation and coordination with federally-recognized Indian tribes on proposed revisions to the EPA Vessel General Permit (VGP) and the proposed Small Vessel General Permit (sVGP).
- Questions and Answers: Listening Session to Gather Public Input on
the Next Vessel General Permit (PDF)
(2 pp, 41.6K)
Provides questions and answers regarding the Vessel General Permit.
- Tribal Information and Consultation Session Presentation: Overview of EPA's proposed 2013 Vessel General Permit (VGP) and small Vessel General Permit (sVGP) (PDF)
(32 pp, 2.6MB)
Presentation given during the January 2012 tribal information and consultation session on the proposed VGP and sVGP.
- Tutorial for EPA's Vessel General Permit (VGP) One Time Report Electronic System (PDF)
(9 pp, 1.1MB)
This is a tutorial for using EPA's Vessel General Permit (VGP) One Time Report eSystem.
- Vessel General Permit NOI Transfers of Ownership or Operational Control (PDF)
(1 pp, 103K)
This fact sheet provides guidance on how to submit electronic Notice of Intent (eNOI), when required by the VGP, in situations where a vessel is being transferred to a new owner/operator. If the owner or operator of a vessel changes, the new owner or operator will need to file a new notice of intent (NOI) for the vessel in order to obtain vessel general permit coverage.
- Vessels General Permit Fact Sheet
Technical fact sheet on the Vessels General Permit.
- Vessels Program Quarterly Newsletters
These newsletters provide periodic updates to the public about EPA's NPDES vessels Program. Each newsletter will discuss new information, such as upcoming meetings, publications, or activities that relate to the program.